It has been exactly 43 long years since Bruce Lee died in Hong Kong on July 20, 1973 at the age of 32. Bruce Lee was a legend. He was arguably the most influential martial artist of all time, philosopher, an actor and a filmmaker who inspired millions of people in their lives.
Although Bruce Lee is no longer physically here, he continues to teach us how to cultivate our truest selves and be in harmony with the world.
Here are 30 powerful Bruce Lee quotes that will challenge you to live an incredible life:
1. Knowing is not enough; We must apply. Willing is not enough; We must do.
2. Mistakes are always forgivable, if one has the courage to admit them.
3. Defeat is a state of mind; No one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as a reality.
4. Those who are unaware they are walking in darkness will never seek the light.
5. If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.
6. To hell with circumstances; I create opportunities.
7. Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one.
8. Choose the positive. — You have choice — you are master of your attitude — choose the POSITIVE, the CONSTRUCTIVE. Optimism is a faith that leads to success..
9. Life itself is your teacher, and you are in a state of constant learning.
10th Bruce Lee Quote – “If you truly love life, don’t waste time because time is what life is made of.”
11. Be happy, but never satisfied.
12. I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.
13. Don’t fear failure. Not failure, but low aim, is the crime. In great attempts it is glorious even to fail.
14. The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering.
15. Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successfull personality and duplicate it.
16. The successful warrior is the average man, with laser-like focus.
17. Do not allow negative thoughts to enter your mind for they are the weeds that strangle confidence.”
18. If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you’ll never get it done.
19. Real living is living for others.
20th Bruce Lee Quote – “Knowledge will give you power, but character respect.”
21. Remember no man is really defeated unless he is discouraged
22. A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.
23. For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.
24. The doubters said,
“Man can not fly,”
The doers said,
“Maybe, but we’ll try,”
And finally soared
In the morning glow
Watched from below
25. It is not a shame to be knocked down by other people. The important thing is to ask when you’re being knocked down, ‘Why am I being knocked down?’ If a person can reflect in this way, then there is hope for this person
26. To grow, to discover, we need involvement, which is something I experience every day — sometimes good, sometimes frustrating. No matter what, you must let your inner light guide you out of the darkness.
27. Don’t think. Feel. It’s like a finger pointing at the moon. Do not concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of the heavenly glory.
28. Notice that the stiffest tree is most easily cracked, while the bamboo or willow survives by bending with the wind
29. Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves. Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
30. As you think, so shall you become.