Despite humble beginnings he become as one of the world’s most renowned motivational speakers. One of his speech inspired me to create my third motivational video Dream.
Over the years Les Brown’s speeches, audio tapes and books have inspired millions people around the world to improve the quality of in their life. Here are some great quotes to keep you motivated.
20 Empowering Les Brown quotes:
1. Other people’s opinion of you does not have to become your reality.
2. Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears.
3. Life has no limitations, except the ones you make.
4. Most people fail in life not because they aim too high and miss, but because they aim too low and hit.
5. It’s not over until you win.
6. Perfection does not exist — you can always do better and you can always grow.
7. In every day, there are 1,440 minutes. That means we have 1,440 daily opportunities to make a positive impact.
8. Help others achieve their dreams and you will achieve yours.
9. The graveyard is the richest place on earth, because it is here that you will find all the hopes and dreams that were never fulfilled, the books that were never written, the songs that were never sung, the inventions that were never shared, the cures that were never discovered, all because someone was too afraid to take that first step, keep with the problem, or determined to carry out their dream.
10. When life knocks you down, try to land on your back. Because if you can look up, you can get up. Let your reason get you back up.
11. If you don’t program yourself, life will program you!
12. You are the only real obstacle in your path to a fulfilling life.
13. If you run around with 9 losers pretty soon you’ll be the 10th loser.
14. Your dream was given to you. If someone else can’t see it for you, that’s fine, it was given to you and not them. It’s your dream. Hold it. Nourish it. Cultivate it!
15. You don’t get in life what you want; you get in life what you are.
16. It has been said, most people die at age 25 and don’t get buried until they are 65. Make an effort to live your life to the fullest.
17. You don’t have to be great to get started, but you have to get started to be great.
18. Align yourself with people that you can learn from, people who want more out of life, people who are stretching and searching and seeking some higher ground in life
19. Wanting something is not enough. You must hunger for it. Your motivation must be absolutely compelling in order to overcome the obstacles that will invariably come your way.
20. There are winners, there are losers and there are people who have not yet learned how to win.